ABOUT THE PROJECT
The INFRACRIT project aims at creating a platform for Geographic Information Systems (SIGPIC), where it proposes an intelligent technological solution for the protection and management of critical infrastructures capable of:
- Mapping and managing CI based on the determination of the respective criticality index;
- Predict the evolution over time of the criticality of an infrastructure;
- Simulate the occurrence of an event, as well as assess its impact.
SIGPIC intends that the management, protection, and prediction of the associated risk
to a given event are made in an integrated way and in real time, in a collaborative platform,
modular and ready to work with large volumes of data.
SPATIAL DATA INFRASTRUCTURE (SDI)
A Spatial Data Infrastructure (IDE) will be designed and built, supported by a set of features and services, in order to:
- manage the registration of Critical Infrastructures;
- achieve maps of criticality;
- monitor the evolution of the degree of criticality of the infrastructures under analysis, crossing it with a map of vulnerability for different types of events;
- determine the zones affected by an event and its consequences, from the results generated by the simulation of this event, to which are associated vulnerability maps
R. de Dom Pedro V 171